MILPITAS, Calif. (KRON) – The fire burning at a recycling facility near Milpitas has been contained, according to the San Jose Fire Department.
Around 12:44 p.m. on Monday, crews responded to the Newby Island Landfill on Dixon Landing Road where the fire broke out.
Firefighters from San Jose, Milpitas and Fremont fire departments remain on the scene.
Crews were able to contain the blaze that was burning a large compressed trash product.
Fire officials say there were no structures damaged and no injuries reported.
No other details have been released at this time.
Check back as KRON4 learns more.
- Windsor leaders admit to knowing about sexual assault claims against mayor
- 2 arrested in San Mateo County crime spree, police search for 3rd suspect
- Bay Area leaders plan to reduce homelessness by 75% in 3 years
- Hawaii tourism only expected to increase for summer travel
- WANTED: Amazon van joyrider removes restraints and escapes the hospital, police say