SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — A 3-alarm fire quickly turned into a 4-alarm fire in San Jose as crews continued to battle the blaze Tuesday afternoon.
The San Jose Fire Department first reported a 3-alarm fire at 3:08 p.m before upgrading it to a 4-alarm fire burning in the 1700 block of S 10th Street.
As of 5:03 p.m., the fire was declared under control.
Nearby businesses are still evacuated.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
10th Street and S. 7th Street are closed between Phelan Avenue and Tully Road.
Fire officials advise the public to avoid the area.
Updates to come.
Latest News Headlines:
- San Francisco businesses see uptick in burglars using blowtorches
- Lafayette officials address concerns of pro-Trump demonstrations on highway overpass
- California to give 40% of vaccine doses to vulnerable areas
- ‘We’re not a bar’: Breweries question red tier reopening rules
- Contra Costa County could transition into red tier this month