VALLEJO (KRON) – Fire crews contained the 10-acre grass fire at the Mare Island Preserve on Wednesday.
According to officials, the fire was reported around 3:07 a.m. after smoke was seen in the area of south Mare Island and the Mare Island Preserve.
Officials said the fire was contained around 8:40 a.m. and crews are continuing to mop-up the area.
Fire officials said someone attempted to cut two power poles with a saw and believe the fire was intentional.
No evacuations were issued and no structures were threatened.
There were no reported injuries.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be downed power lines; the investigation is ongoing.
Latest News Headlines:
- Oakland police chief believes reforms are needed
- Vaccine appointments: When parents can sign up kids 12 and older
- Caught on camera: Man defaces symbolic murals in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- This Bay Area city saw biggest population decline in past year
- Historic-looking property formerly home to SF mayor listed at $11.8M