SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) – Fire crews in San Jose responded to a residential fire on Monday evening, according to the San Jose Fire Department.
The 3-alarm fire was located on the 800 block of S. 12th Street.
The fire department reported that the fire was knocked down as of 7:31 p.m.
One home on the 800 block of S. 12th Street was destroyed. Another had partial damage on the 800 block of S. 11th Street.
Officials say two cars were also ‘badly damaged.’
Crews will remain on the scene for several hours to be sure that they reach full containment.
Authorities advise residents to avoid the area.
Check back for updates as this is developing.
- McDonald’s McRib retuns for first time since 2012
- CDC lifts ban on US cruises
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Larussa re-hired to manage White Sox
- SF pauses reopening amid uptick in COVID-19 hospitalizations
- Targeted San Mateo homicide under investigation