CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) -- Fire crews responded to a plane that crashed into the delta near Antioch, Sunday afternoon.
The Contra Costa Fire Protection District, along with the Coast Guard, CHP, Solano Sheriff's and Pittsburg Police responded to the incident.
Officials says the plane went down into the delta, north of Broad Slough.
The plane is believed to have taken off from Buchanan Field Airport in Concord around 5 p.m.
The crash occurred around 5:30 p.m.
Officials say the pilot was the only occupant of the plane. Officials are not releasing the pilot's name because their identity has not been confirmed.
The NTSB and FAA have been notified of the crash.
ConFire is on scene of a plane that went down in the Delta near Antioch. #MarinaIC— Con Fire PIO (@ContraCostaFire) June 10, 2019
This is developing, check back for updates.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: SUSPECTED 'PEEPING TOM' SEEN AT GIRL'S WINDOW IN CAMPBELL
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 16 HOURS
- WARRIORS PART-OWNER FINED, BANNED FROM GAMES FOR 1 YEAR
- COUPLE SAYS THEY GOT SICK AT SAME RESORT WHERE 3 AMERICANS DIED
- SHERIFF'S DEPUTY BITTEN BY SNAKE WHILE LOOKING FOR MARIJUANA GROW