Thousands honored fallen Davis police officer Natalie Corona on Friday at UC Davis’ ARC Pavilion.
The 22-year-old rookie police officer was killed last Thursday night by a gunman while she was responding to a multi-car crash.
The gunman eventually killed himself after a long standoff with police.
All week, vigils have been held throughout Davis to remember Corona, who followed in her father’s footsteps to become an officer.
Many people showing up at the police department to drop off flowers and help comfort a devastated department.
The memorial service started at 11 a.m.
After the memorial, Corona’s body will be taken to her hometown of Arbuckle where she will be laid to rest.
- STORM WATCH: TRACK THE RAIN WITH KRON4’S INTERACTIVE RADAR
- ATMOSPHERIC RIVER TO DRENCH BAY AREA
- FLASH FLOOD WATCH ISSUED FOR BAY AREA, CENTRAL COAST
- JAYME CLOSS DESCRIBES PARENTS BEING KILLED, 88 DAYS IN CAPTIVITY
- FDA ISSUES SEVERAL RECALLS FOR DRY DOG FOOD