San Francisco police officers are on Del Monte Street guarding a home where a body was found inside.
Officers are making sure the scene stays in tact as the SFPD Homicide detail still needs to finish processing the crime scene.
We now know the FBI is helping the department with this criminal investigation.
It all started on Monday when someone contacted police around 11:40 p.m. reporting a possible missing person at 161 Del Monte Street, which is in the Outer Mission neighborhood of the city.
Police identified the missing person as 73-year-old Benedict Ching.
But when officers arrived at the home, they discovered a body and now believe the circumstances of this case to be suspicious.
The medical examiner’s office has not identified the remains or determined a cause of death yet.
The FBI didn’t provide any other information as to why they are helping with the investigation.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS