VACAVILLE (KRON) — A group of construction workers and first responders came to the rescue of a woman and her trapped dog during a massive house fire Friday in a Vacaville neighborhood.
The fire broke out Friday afternoon at a home on the 100 block of Rocky Hill Road, according to authorities.
The resident of the home was able to escape uninjured, but as the fire raged on, her dog was trapped in the backyard.
That’s when one of the construction workers decided to hop her back fence and search for the pup.
As the worker tried to find the dog, other workers used a water tank to fight the fire. ‘
Shortly thereafter, the fire and police departments arrived and evacuated nearby homes.
One of the responding officers was eventually able to reunite the resident of the home with her dog.
The home was seriously damaged because of the blaze.
The cause of the fire under investigation.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF