SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — An earthquake rumbled Northern California on Thursday morning.
According to a preliminary report by the United States Geological Survey, it was a 3.1 magnitude quake and was about nine miles northeast of San Jose.
About 300 people in the South Bay reported feeling the earthquake around 3:44 a.m.
Location with respect to nearby cities:
4.1 mi NE of East Foothills, California
5.2 mi NE of Alum Rock, California
7.4 mi E of Milpitas, California
9.1 mi NE of San Jose, California
80.8 mi S of Sacramento, California
- Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Michigan mom still cannot taste, smell after COVID-19
- Police: Chemicals used to make explosives found at San Francisco RV park
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic to open in Lafayette for seniors 75 and older
- 9-year-old killed in San Francisco murder-suicide identified