Some East Bay parents are upset after learning that their children’s classrooms are lacking heaters.
This comes as we experience cold temperatures across the Bay Area.
Hayward parents of Treeview Elementary School students are now demanding action.
One mother, Ana Barajas, reached out to KRON4 after learning her son’s 3rd-grade classroom hasn’t had heat in weeks and he’s not the only one.
Barajas said she felt awful for other children as well and knew it just wasn’t right what she was hearing.
Another parent said that their son’s teacher brought a portable heater for the class.
Hayward Unified School District says they were made aware of issues surrounding the heating system.
“Maintenance staff worked to address the situation within one business day of receiving notice by implementing both short-term remedies and a long-term solution. The heat will be working in the classrooms as early as this afternoon.”
- FOUR OFFICERS INJURED IN STRUGGLE WITH MAN IN ALAMEDA
- ALLEGED GANG MEMBER KILLED IN POLICE SHOOTING NEAR MARTINEZ
- 27-YEAR-OLD DEAD AFTER OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN NAPA
- WOMAN KILLS ESCAPED INMATE WHO KICKED IN HER DOOR
- THIS 7-YEAR-OLD MAKES $22 MILLION A YEAR ON YOUTUBE