(BCN) — Because of increased fire risk because of extreme winds, the East Bay Municipal Utility District is closing Lafayette and San Pablo Reservoir Recreation Areas, as well as East Bay trails in its watershed, on Monday.
The closure was also in effect Sunday.
EBMUD has deployed additional patrol rangers and is working with its partner, East Bay Regional Park District, to post signs and close trail and recreation area entrances.
Separately, several parks operated by the East Bay Regional Park District are expected to remain closed Monday because of the same concerns about fire danger.
Parks that will remain closed Monday include
- Anthony Chabot
- Claremont Canyon
- Lake Chabot
- Leona Canyon
- Wildcat Canyon
- Kennedy Grove
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- ‘Staggering’ taxpayer fraud sent millions in jobless funds to California inmates
- Officials eye mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Biden’s first Cabinet picks diverse, historic