OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – See or smell smoke in the East Bay?
An earlier fire in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood, that damaged several businesses and injured one firefighter, is the likely culprit, according to officials.
The City of Oakland tweeted a warning to residents advising anyone with respiratory illnesses to stay indoors and to wear face coverings.
Officials said air quality should improve in the next few hours.
You can check out the latest weather updates in the KRON4 Weather Center.
- Residents assess damage after Glass Fire rips through St. Helena
- Cooling centers open in San Jose for relief from heat
- FBI: 130 Twitter accounts removed for trying to ‘disrupt’ presidential debate conversation
- Mudslides related to fires could cause evacuations in Santa Cruz Mountains
- Statewide Flex Alert issued for Thursday