An East Bay teacher who is accused of sexually assaulting two young children he was babysitting, appeared in court on Thursday.
Last Tuesday police arrested 27-year-old Brandon Genest, of Walnut Creek, for two counts of Lewd or Lascivious Acts with a Child and three counts of Indecent Exposure, officers said.
According to the Walnut Creek Police Department, Genest allegedly had the victims inappropriately touch him while he was employed as their babysitter.
The victims are ages 6 and 7. Authorities believe there are likely additional victims.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Paul Graves said, ” we are going through those phone calls, interviewing children and determining if additional charges will be coming and I anticipate there will be.”
The district attorney’s office said in addition to lewd acts with a child and child molesting, Genest has been charged with indecent exposure and possession of child pornography.
Authorities say the suspect was advertising on numerous website including SitterCIty, Urban Sitter and a variety of Facebook groups.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION