SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — Several people are injured after an elderly driver lost control of his car Sunday afternoon in San Jose.
The driver, an 69-year-old man, was trying to park his 2000 Toyota 4-Runner when he accidentally accelerated forward into a crowd.
The area was being used for outdoor food service at the Grand Century Plaza at Story Road and McLaughlin Avenue.
The car struck three women and five men.
All eight victims were sitting at various tables.
The eight victims that were struck were all transported to local hospitals. Two have life threatening injuries.
The driver of the vehicle was also transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.
Patrol officers responded to the scene of the collision.
Officials say the driver may have been in medical distress prior to the crash.
No other information is available at this time.
- San Mateo County Community College district to help students cover student debt and college costs
- Man shot and killed in Vallejo
- Wrong body placed in woman’s casket in NC funeral home mix-up
- San Jose official works to reduce gun violence, boost mental health measures
- Dine & Dish: Bay Area Latin Cuisine