The 93-year-old woman who was viciously attacked and robbed in Concord died on Monday, according to the Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office.
The brutal attack happened on May 18 around 4:00 p.m. at a Bank of America behind Sunvalley Mall.
The victim, Ann Pederson, was was on her way inside the bank when she was assaulted.
Police said the suspect, Otto Halafihi, was waiting for the elderly woman to get out of her car.
Halafihi allegedly attacked the victim and her caretaker.
They were parked in a handicap spot when the suspect got out of his car and pushed the victim to the ground.
Police say, Halafihi broke the elderly woman’s hip and stole her purse.
He was arrested in Patterson on May 23. Following up leads from the public, Halafihi turned himself into Concord police.
According to the Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office, the official cause of Pederson’s death is still pending.
- OAKLAND DISPENSARY PULLS PRODUCTS OVER ‘PERMIT PATTY’ VIDEO
- MOM WHOSE KID SOLD DRINKS ON WHY NO ONE ASKED SON FOR PERMIT
- SF RESTAURANT SERVING UP WORLD’S FIRST ROBOT-MADE BURGER
- WOMAN KILLED MAN SHE MET ON DATING WEBSITE, DEPUTIES SAY
- SIGN IN ANTIQUE SHOP CAUSES CONTROVERSY