SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Parts of San Mateo County are under evacuation orders effective immediately:
- South Coast Zone SMC-E019, which includes Coastanoa and Año Nuevo State Park. This includes Whitehouse Canyon Road and areas south of Gazos Creek Road.
- The Communities of Loma Mar and Dearborn Park in Zone SMC-E018.
- South Coast Zone SMC-038, which includes Butano State Park and the Community of Barranca Knolls, west of Cloverdale Road.
- The Community of Butano Canyon in Zone SMC-E-098
The evacuations are in effect due to the forecasted rainfall amounts and increased risk of potential debris flow in the aforementioned areas around the CZU Lightning Complex burn area.
A temporary evacuation shelter has been set up at Pescadero High School located at 360 Butano Cutoff.
If you have questions about evacuation information for animals, you can contact the following :
For Large Animals:
- Robin 650-450-0516
- Laura 650-450-0520
- HMB Feed & Fuel 650-726-4814 10A-5P
For Small Animals:
- Peninsula Humane 650-340-7022 from 8a-6p after hours call 650-363-4000
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.