GILROY, Calif. (KRON) – Firefighters continue to battle two large fires in the South Bay.
The Crews Fire burning near Gilroy in Santa Clara County sparked Sunday along Crews Road and Oak Spring Circle.
That fire has burned more than 2,000 acres so far and is 20% contained as of Monday morning, according to Cal Fire.
People are asked to avoid the area near Crews Road to Canada Road.
Evacuations along Canada Road remain in effect.
The Park Fire, which sparked Sunday morning near Morgan Hill, has burned more than 340 acres and is 70% contained.
Evacuations prompted by the Park Fire have since been lifted.
- Bay Area families who lost loved ones to police brutality say Breonna Taylor decision is not shocking
- Burglaries in San Francisco are up 42% compared to 2019
- The Salvation Army to start annual holiday fundraising early to “rescue Christmas”
- California to end sales of gas-powered cars by 2035
- Several senior citizens injured after a bunch of teens reportedly fired paintballs at them