SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco Fire officials say they have ordered people to evacuate homes along five blocks near a fire burning on a hill.
Fire Lt. Jonathan Baxter says evacuations have been ordered for the 100, 200, and 300 blocks of Dakota Street and the 1500 and 1600 blocks of 23rd Street in the Potrero Hill neighborhood.
Baxter says crews are going door to door urging people to evacuate.
Video posted on social media shows a plume of dark smoke up in the area and people rushing out of nearby apartment buildings.
- EPA approves 2 Lysol disinfectants as 1st to effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Hiring soared in May as mass layoffs eased
- Santa Clara County’s new ‘risk reduction order’ goes into effect July 13
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Christopher Columbus, Queen Isabella statue being removed from State Capitol Rotunda