RICHMOND (KRON) — Former NFL defensive back Terrell Roberts was shot and killed in his grandmother’s backyard in Richmond Wednesday night, his family confirmed to KRON4.
38-year-old Terrell Roberts was shot at a home near Fascination Circle and Amend Road.
At this time no arrests have been made.
An investigation is underway.
Roberts played cornerback with the Cincinnati Bengals from 2003 to 2004.
Before that he played three seasons at Oregon State University.
He is a native of the Bay Area.
A cousin close to Roberts spoke to KRON4 News Thursday morning.
He said Roberts was “a good role model to his little cousins.”
“He did a lot of positive things for them,” he said.
Latest News Headlines:
- Officials say search for Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day is now a ‘recovery mission’
- Map shows active TCE cleanup sites near Oakland’s McClymonds High School
- Coronavirus patient being treated at San Francisco hospital
- Kia recalls SUVs, vans; electrical problem can cause fires
- First coronavirus patient in Santa Clara County released from isolation