SAN FRANCISCO (CNN) – Facebook doesn’t “like” single-use plastic water bottles.
The social media giant is installing water-filling stations for employees.
Wednesday’s announcement on the issue makes Facebook one of the largest companies to have a plastic ban.
This move comes as a way to lessen the amount of plastic usage.
A Facebook spokesman says this is “us thinking about sustainability goals.”
Last month, San Francisco International Airport began a ban on selling plastic water bottles.
Prior to that, it sold about four million of them annually.
Latest News Headlines:
- Questions from Nia Wilson murder trial jury reveal what jurors are wondering
- Greyhound to stop allowing immigration checks on buses
- Boy leaves puppy at shelter to protect it from abusive father
- California tells 7K people to stay home because of new virus
- How to be prepared for when an earthquake hits