SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – For the rest of the year Facebook and other tech giants, including Google, are allowing many of their employees to work from home.
Facebook said that any employee who can do their work from home may continue to do so until the end of the year.
The social network will not reopen most of its offices until July 6, at the earliest. This could change.
This is a significant change from their first plan which allowed people to work remotely at least through May.
To protect workers, Facebook also canceled all in-person events through June of next year.
Now, most Google employees will also more than likely continue to work remotely through the rest of this year, according to the company’s CEO.
Google employees were also previously working from home until at least June 1.
It remains unconfirmed if other tech companies are going to follow these two companies, but they are certainly sending a message thought the industry about prioritizing employee safety.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Deputies searching for man who stole cat blood from clinic
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Child killed, 3 others injured in Oklahoma house explosion, officials say