RICHMOND (KRON) – Police arrested a man over the weekend for driving away during a traffic stop and possessing counterfeit money.
It happened Saturday morning in Richmond near S. 28th Street and Cutting Boulevard.
Police tried to pull the driver over for speeding but for three blocks, the driver kept driving at a high speed, authorities said.
When police finally caught up with the suspect, they discovered the 48-year-old’s driver license had been suspended and that he was on probation.
Police searched the vehicle and found fake 100’s, 50’s, and 20’s along with the printing equipment.
Latest News Headlines:
- Advances in DNA tech helping Jennifer Lin cold case detectives in Alameda County
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown L.A., block 101 Fwy
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state