FREMONT, Calif. (AP) – California officials say a woman who dispensed some 745,000 prescriptions at three Walgreens stores over a decade was never licensed as a pharmacist.
Kim T. Le also gave vaccinations, ordered medications, counseled patients on prescriptions and supervised pharmacy technicians from 2006 to 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
State inspectors say they found out about Le two years ago while visiting a Walgreens in Fremont.
Investigators say pharmacist license numbers provided by Le belonged to other people with the same name.
Walgreens says Le’s employment ended in 2017.
California’s Board of Pharmacy will determine whether to suspend or revoke licenses for the Walgreens store in Fremont and two others in San Jose and Milpitas.
Le couldn’t be reached for comment.
- FRIENDS FEAR MISSING DALY CITY WOMAN IS IN ‘GRAVE DANGER’
- SAN FRANCISCO DOCTOR KILLED BY BOYFRIEND IN MURDER-SUICIDE
- WOMAN UNKNOWINGLY OK’D LIFE SUPPORT TERMINATION FOR STRANGER
- IN RARE FOOD POISONING CASE, STUDENT DIES AFTER EATING LEFTOVERS
- PD: MAN SENT $200K TO BULGARIAN ‘CAM GIRL’ BEFORE KILLING FAMILY