SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Police responded to a building in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood Monday afternoon after receiving reports of a possible active shooter.
At 12:15 p.m. police received a report of a suspicious person with a stick or knife in the area of Rhode Island and 16th Streets. Building security ordered a shelter in place at 350 Rhode Island Street.
Someone saw the police activity and called 911 thinking there was an active shooter in the area.
Police evacuated and searched the building.
Sgt Michael Andraychak of the San Francisco Police Department says there were never any shots fired and no one was injured.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS