The San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office has identified a teen who drowned at Crissy Field Beach on Monday.
He is 14-year-old Bereketabe Yohannes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help his family bring his body back to his home country of Ethiopia to lay him to rest.
According to the GoFundMe page, Yohannes had just graduated from 7th grade at Claire Lilienthal School and was enjoying the start of summer with friends at the beach when the incident happened.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT’S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF