MONTEREY COUNTY (KRON) - A lucky Monterey County man won the top prize of $2 million off a lottery Scratcher ticket.
Migual Calderon told California Lottery officials he blessed himself before checking to see if he had the 10th word needed to win the jackpot.
What happened next prompted him to start jumping and screaming, he said.
The 64-year-old farm worker discovered he had won $2 million.
Calderon struggled to put his thoughts into words.
“The only thing I know is that I’m here,” Calderon said.
Speaking through an interpreter, Calderon told California Lottery officials he believes this was the Lord’s doing and he’s not going to make hasty decisions regarding his good fortune.
The only thing on his mind right now is his family and perhaps a new house, according to the California Lottery.
When asked if he would quit working, he replied: “No, because if I don’t keep working, if I’m at home, I’m going to be bored."
- 13 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, IN MASS SHOOTING AT SOCAL BAR
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GUNMAN IN THOUSAND OAKS MASSACRE
- FATHER IDENTIFIES SON, 22, AS VICTIM OF MASS SHOOTING
- SHERIFF: SERGEANT DIED A HERO IN BAR SHOOTING
- IN PHOTOS: MASS SHOOTING AT THOUSAND OAKS BAR
Will Warriors move forward following...
Manning's late TD pass leads Giants...