SUNNYVALE (KRON) – In the South Bay, a district attorney’s office has deemed a fatal police shooting in Sunnyvale was lawful.
It happened four years ago during a robbery at a liquor store on Tasman Drive.
Officials said 28-year-old Joseph Weber was armed with a knife before police fatally shot him.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office says Weber walked towards an officer with the knife before the officer opened fire.
The report determined that the officer’s actions were lawful.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access
- NHL adopts 24-team playoff format if it can resume season
- Woman fired after backlash from racist park confrontation
- Bay Area high school students launch online jewelry store; money raised to be donated to local medical center