SANTA ROSA (KRON) - California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash on Highway 101 that happened Sunday morning.
At approximately 8:25 a.m. officers responded to a solo vehicle accident on northbound Highway 101, south of Asti Road.
The driver, a 47-year-old man from Talmage, was driving a 2011 Honda Pilot in the right lanes as he entered a sweeping left curve in the roadway, officers say.
A woman was in the passenger set and a 12-year-old boy and a 67-year-old woman were sitting in the back seat.
Early reports indicate the driver lost control of the Honda and veered off the roadway. The vehicle continued down a wooded embankment near the Asti Road off-ramp and collided with a tree.
As a result of the impact, the woman in the front passenger seat died. The driver and the other two occupants were transported to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Authorities are not releasing the deceased victim's identity until next of kin is notified.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: 'MOMO CHALLENGE' TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY