PACIFICA (KRON) – Authorities are investigating after a wrong-way driver was killed and two others hospitalized in a crash on SB-1 in Pacifica.
CHP said a man driving the wrong way in the southbound lanes collided into an SUV near Manor Drive.
CHP was first alerted about this crash around 3:11 a.m.
The man driving the wrong way in a Dodge Charger died on scene.
A woman in the passenger seat was taken to the hospital.
The man in the Mercedes SUV who was hit was also taken to the hospital.
The extent of their injuries is unknown.
All lanes of SB-1 at Manor Drive in Pacifica were closed for hours following the crash.
The highway was reopened by 11:30 a.m.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Danville: Weekend street closures canceled amid COVID-19 concerns
- San Leandro police sergeant charged with embezzlement
- ‘Enchanted forest’ of lights coming to Golden Gate Park
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Early voting turnout reaches half of 2016 total