ANTIOCH (KRON) - A heartbroken father identified his 13-year-old daughter as one of the victims killed in an Antioch crash Friday evening.
Jay Lightner told KRON4 his daughter Jaia was one of the occupants in an SUV that slammed into a tree on Lone Tree Way and Indian Hill Drive.
There was a total of six people in the truck and when officers arrived at the scene five of them were still trapped inside.
A 17-year-old passenger had been ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene.
Fire crews rushed to remove the victims from the truck and four of them were taken to a local trauma center with moderate to life-threatening injuries.
Jaia succumbed to her injuries at the scene.
The preliminary investigation indicates that speeding on wet roads is likely what caused the accident.
Contra Costa Fire tweeted after the crash, "Wet roads and speed kill."
- ROOKIE OFFICER JUST TWO WEEKS INTO JOB SHOT, KILLED IN DAVIS
- KIDNAPPED TEEN JAYME CLOSS SAYS ABDUCTOR KILLED HER PARENTS
- GOFUNDME TO REFUND $20M IN DONATIONS MADE TO 'TRUMP WALL'
- 2 FEMALE ROOKIE OFFICERS SHOT, KILLED IN 2 DAYS
- TEEN DOES 'BIRD BOX CHALLENGE' WHILE DRIVING, ENDS POORLY