SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (BCN) — All southbound lanes reopened on state Highway 17 in unincorporated Santa Clara County Tuesday evening as fire crews were putting out a brush fire that had closed both directions of the road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
All lanes reopened at about 6:50 p.m. near the community of Redwood Estates, CHP officials said.
Forward progress on the two-alarm fire had been stopped earlier in the evening and no structures were threatened, Santa Clara County fire officials and Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police said.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- VP Harris helping launch fund for Oakland children
- FBI agents found dozens of classified documents in Mar-a-Lago search: sources
- Trump calls for ‘immediate release’ of Mar-a-Lago search warrant, says lawyers won’t oppose DOJ move
- New York removes word ‘inmate’ from state laws
- White House says fall of gas prices means that Democrats’ plan for reducing inflation is working