SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (BCN) — All southbound lanes reopened on state Highway 17 in unincorporated Santa Clara County Tuesday evening as fire crews were putting out a brush fire that had closed both directions of the road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
All lanes reopened at about 6:50 p.m. near the community of Redwood Estates, CHP officials said.
Forward progress on the two-alarm fire had been stopped earlier in the evening and no structures were threatened, Santa Clara County fire officials and Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police said.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- New California attorney general pledges focus on hate crimes
- Former Fremont elementary teacher charged with sexually assaulting student
- Bay Area rental market appears to be stabilizing
- Survey: 78% of Oakland residents want more police officers
- Berkeley police arrest suspect in series of anti-Semitic hate crimes