SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (BCN) — All southbound lanes reopened on state Highway 17 in unincorporated Santa Clara County Tuesday evening as fire crews were putting out a brush fire that had closed both directions of the road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
All lanes reopened at about 6:50 p.m. near the community of Redwood Estates, CHP officials said.
Forward progress on the two-alarm fire had been stopped earlier in the evening and no structures were threatened, Santa Clara County fire officials and Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police said.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- 2 residents charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural in Martinez
- Lawmakers want independent probe into Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Return to schools won’t be a one-size-fits-all deal, says Fauci
- San Francisco Giants suspend workouts at Oracle Park pending COVID-19 test results