SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The Bay Area could see more dry lightning starting this Sunday as a Fire Weather Watch has been issued due to possible thunderstorms.
>> Track the latest in the KRON4 Weather Center.
The National Weather Service Bay Area issued the warning Friday, noting that possible thunderstorms along with more dry lightning – similar to last weekend – could spark more wildfires.
The Fire Weather Watch is in effect from Sunday at 11 a.m. through Tuesday the same time for the entire Bay Area and Central Coast.
Weather officials said initial scattered dry thunderstorms could develop Sunday afternoon into Monday morning. A second round of storms are expected to arrive late Monday and linger into Tuesday.
- Suspect arrested after two Antioch eyeglass store burglaries
- Disney releases new details on Cotino — planned neighborhood in Coachella Valley
- McCarthy says House will press ahead with TikTok bill after CEO’s testimony
- Trump lawyer: Former president’s attack on Bragg was ‘ill-advised’
- Jon Stewart says Senate is ‘like an assisted-living facility’