BRENTWOOD, Calif. (KRON) – Firefighters are working to contain several fires – some sparked by overnight lightning – across the Bay Area Sunday.
An Air Quality Advisory has been issued through Monday due to smoke from these fires, which were sparked by lightning across the Bay Area overnight.
According to officials, smoke from these fires may affect areas nearby, but overall regional air quality is expected to be “good to moderate.”
According to Cal Fire, there is lots of smoke in Contra Costa County.
There are no immediate reports of damages or injuries.
Several fires have also been reported throughout San Mateo and Santa Cruz Counties:
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Teen shot to death in East Oakland
- New California law prompted by crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Glass Fire evacuation center set up at Sonoma Raceway
- Spare the Air Alert extended through Friday amid Glass Fire smoke
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal