SAN JOSE (KRON) — The San Jose Fire Department is responding to a 3-alarm fire on Santa Clara Street between on 1st and 2nd street.
As of 10:50 p.m., fire officials say four firefighters were reported injured and transported to local hospitals.
One body was found in the basement.
The body has yet to be identified.
The suspect reportedly had a sledgehammer. Officials believe there were no other weapons involved.
Crews originally reported to a second alarm fire.
Less than 30 minutes later, SJFD tweeted that it was a 3-alarm fire.
Officials advise the public to stay out of the area.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters block lanes of Golden Gate Bridge during march
- Fontana police officer on paid leave following arrest on suspicion of raping 16-year-old girl
- The Golden Gate Bridge is singing. Here’s why
- The loneliest of D-Day remembrances is hit by pandemic