SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — James Kerrigan was reported missing after unexpectedly leaving his San Francisco home early Friday morning.
As of Saturday evening, Kerrigan has been confirmed dead.
His body was found near Lake Merced Park.
Around 3:15 a.m. Friday morning, the 52-year-old reportedly left his home.
Kerrigan was a retired member of law enforcement and has stated that he suffers from depression, according to authorities.
He was believed to be in possession of a handgun which was registered to him.
No additional information is available at this time.
If you have any information, you are urged to contact SFPD at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP 411 where you may remain anonymous.
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- America’s neighbor authorizes AstraZeneca COVID vaccine
- Santa Clara County allows youth sports
- Bruno Mars releasing new music with Anderson .Paak as ‘Silk Sonic’ band
- Massive industrial complex fire burns structures, buses in Compton area; nearby apartments evacuated