OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Former Oakland Athletic’s manager Art Howe is in ICU battling the coronavirus, according to Sports Illustrated.
Howe is hospitalized in intensive care in Houston, where he checked in a couple of days ago.
Sports Illustrated reports he had been quarantining in his Houston home with his wife when he first began to feel ill.
Howe, 73, managed the A’s for seven years, including two American League West titles.
The A’s expressed their support and well wishes to Howe via Twitter.
“Sending positive thoughts to our former skipper Art Howe,” the organization tweeted Thursday.
Check back for updates
Latest News Headlines:
- Minnesota governor apologizes for arrest of CNN crew
- Live updates: George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Protest turns violent in San Jose following death of George Floyd
- White House on lockdown as protest breaks out nearby
- Businesses in downtown Oakland board up in anticipation of protests