Here at KRON4 we’re celebrating Founders Day for our parent company, Nexstar Media, by volunteering at various food banks across the Bay Area.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank serves about 225,000 people per year funneling 48 million pounds of food through the warehouse.
They also estimate that one out of four people in San Francisco and Marin will at some point need help from the food bank.
KRON4’s Charles Clifford took a trip to the food bank where a number of KRON4 employees spent the day volunteering.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
Click here to subscribe for a free 7-day trial
- CALIFORNIA GAS TAX TO INCREASE JULY 1
- PRIDE FLAG FLIES AT STATE CAPITOL FOR FIRST TIME IN STATE HISTORY
- JIMMY BUFFET FANS GET MYSTERIOUSLY SICK IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- HARVARD PULLS PARKLAND GRAD’S ADMISSION OVER RACIST COMMENTS
- BOY FIGHTS OFF INTRUDER WITH MACHETE