SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Children who rely on free meals at school are at risk of falling through the cracks during this coronavirus pandemic.
Although meals are still being offered, accessing that food is becoming a problem for families who aren’t sure where to go or when.
So a group of Stanford students are doing what they can to help out.
They used the skills they learned in class this spring to create an online map that shows exactly where schoolchildren can access free meals during the school closures.
All the information is pulled from local school districts, nonprofits, and news outlets.
- 4-year-old girl injured in Oakland shooting
- U-Haul truck with one-of-a-kind anime merchandise stolen in San Jose
- SF business owners concerned about homeless near store
- Documentary on boxing legend, Oakland native Andre Ward set to premiere this week
- DA Price dismisses 2 murder charges against accused triple-murderer