FREMONT (KRON) – A Catholic priest at a Fremont church will spend close to five years in state prison on molestation charges.
Father Hector Mendoza-Vela is accused of molesting a boy in Hayward over an 18-month period in 2016 and 2017.
Investigators arrested him in March.
Vela made a plea deal in August.
In addition to the prison term, the agreement calls for Vela to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and to stay away from the victim for 10 years.
- LIST: What is, isn’t allowed on Halloween in SF
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief
- Record 3rd-quarter growth; 8M more in poverty
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- Walmart removes guns, ammo from floor displays amid unrest