The teen who was killed by a suspected drunk driver on Highway 17 in Santa Clara County early Saturday morning was identified as 16-year-old Armando Canales of Fremont.
Canales was riding in a Toyota Corolla with four other teens around 2:11 a.m. on southbound Highway 17 just south of Redwood Estates when a Chrysler minivan traveling in the wrong direction slammed into their vehicle.
Police arrested the driver, 28-year-old Ashley Marie Oliver of San Jose, on suspicion of driving under the influence in the crash that also injured three other teens.
Canales family has set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for his funeral expenses.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH