SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A gas leak in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury district is under control as of 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, according to PG&E.
Authorities ordered a Shelter in Place for residents within a one-block radius of the Waller and Ashbury St intersection around 10:30 a.m.
The fire department went door-to-door in uniform, notifying residents to stay in place and avoid the area. Lt. Jonathan Baxter said a construction crew caused the gas leak. He said the shelter in place is a precautionary measure.
- COVID calculator: Tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus
- PG&E warns of possible power shutoffs for parts of Bay Area due to fire danger
- Battling COVID: Mother hospitalized after giving birth, father fears job loss
- LIVE BLOG: Border Patrol Chief: ‘No one has crossed since midnight’ into Del Rio, Texas
- 1 woman fatally shot, another injured outside Pittsburg 7-Eleven