SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A gas leak in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury district is under control as of 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, according to PG&E.
Authorities ordered a Shelter in Place for residents within a one-block radius of the Waller and Ashbury St intersection around 10:30 a.m.
The fire department went door-to-door in uniform, notifying residents to stay in place and avoid the area. Lt. Jonathan Baxter said a construction crew caused the gas leak. He said the shelter in place is a precautionary measure.
- 10 ways to keep you, your kids and your pets safe in the heat
- WATCH: Hollywood restaurant owner tackles, detains robber who punched patron
- Snoop Dogg’s cereal ‘Snoop Loopz’ coming to a breakfast table near you
- Indecent exposure: Couple arrested for sex on Cedar Point Ferris wheel
- What other states understand about merging that California doesn’t