Potential witnesses will be discussed today for the trial of the two men involved in the deadly Ghost Ship fire.
Derick Almena and Max Harris are charged with 36 counts of involuntary manslaughter for a fire during a music party in Oakland at the warehouse in 2016.
Yesterday a hearing was held about what evidence will be allowed during the trial.
Today the defense will request that Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf be ordered to testify.
Jury selection is expected to begin next Tuesday.
320 potential jurors have already filled out questionnaires so far and another 160 will do so soon.
Opening statements in the case are expected to be presented on April 30.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA