OAKLAND (KRON) – Today marks three years since the deadly Ghost Ship Warehouse fire in Oakland.
36 people died in that fire on Dec. 2, 2016.
On Sunday, a memorial concert was held at Lake Merritt United Methodist Church to remember those lives lost.
A raging fire tore through the building of an unpermitted electronic concert.
The warehouse was also functioning illegally as a cluttered living space with safety violations.
After months of deliberation in the trial this year, one man is free and another could face a new trial.
For more on the Ghost Ship Fire, click here.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate
- How Santa Clara County is responding to pause of J&J vaccine
- Police respond to shooting near San Jose middle school
- Lawmakers worried removing troops from Afghanistan will create space for terror groups
- Family finds $40K in home damage after Disney trip; kids responsible won’t face charges, police say