OAKLAND (KRON) – Today marks three years since the deadly Ghost Ship Warehouse fire in Oakland.
36 people died in that fire on Dec. 2, 2016.
On Sunday, a memorial concert was held at Lake Merritt United Methodist Church to remember those lives lost.
A raging fire tore through the building of an unpermitted electronic concert.
The warehouse was also functioning illegally as a cluttered living space with safety violations.
After months of deliberation in the trial this year, one man is free and another could face a new trial.
For more on the Ghost Ship Fire, click here.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Pearl Harbor shooting unfolded in 23 seconds in packed area
- Officials list pot vape brands reported in US outbreak
- Powerful storm to soak Bay Area this weekend
- Pleasanton police increasing patrols during holiday season to deter crimes
- Flooding concerns ahead of storm in areas burned during Sonoma County’s Kincade Fire