OAKLAND (KRON) – Today marks three years since the deadly Ghost Ship Warehouse fire in Oakland.
36 people died in that fire on Dec. 2, 2016.
On Sunday, a memorial concert was held at Lake Merritt United Methodist Church to remember those lives lost.
A raging fire tore through the building of an unpermitted electronic concert.
The warehouse was also functioning illegally as a cluttered living space with safety violations.
After months of deliberation in the trial this year, one man is free and another could face a new trial.
For more on the Ghost Ship Fire, click here.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump
- Paradise residents still trying to recover from devastating Camp Fire
- Takeaways from the Democratic debate
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into the Porterville library fire