SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Glen Park Elementary School in San Francisco is closing immediately after seven students reported having respiratory illnesses.
San Francisco Unified School District officials learned of the sicknesses Thursday afternoon from the Department of Health.
DPH is investigating and testing the students for COVID-19.
There are currently no confirmed cases of coronavirus at Glen Park or any other SFUSD school.
Glen Park families and staff are asked to self-quarantine and monitor their health for two weeks.
Other SFUSD schools have suspended classes for all students PreK-12 beginning on Monday, March 16 until April 3.
For a list of Bay Area school closures, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters