Students all over the world are skipping class Friday to protest what they believe are their governments’ failure to take tough action against global warming.
This includes students across the Bay Area, who are holding marches, rallies and walkouts as part of the Global Youth Climate Strike.
There are over 10 different events across the Bay Area.
Teens and children in 75 different countries are walking out of class in protest as part of their effort to address the climate crisis.
Youth in America are specifically fighting for the Green New Deal with a goal to have 100 percent renewable energy by 2030 and putting a stop to our fossil fuel infrastructure.
Students in San Francisco plan to march to Representative Nancy Pelosi’s office where there will also be a rally at Union Square. Then they will move on to Senator Dianne Feinstein’s office.
Walkouts and rallies will occur in Alameda, Oakland, Palo Alto, Santa Rosa, and Petaluma.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS