PITTSBURG (KRON) – In the East Bay, police in Pittsburg pulled a car out of a canal after the car crashed in the area of West Leland Road and Range Road.
Police posted the video on Instagram showing the car being pulled out of the water.
Witnesses told police that the car was speeding and swerving in and out of lanes.
They also told police that the driver ran red lights.
After the car crashed, four Good Samaritans jumped into the freezing water and pulled the driver out.
Police say the driver appeared to be intoxicated.
- Target announces temporary store closures across Bay Area, US amid protests
- California National Guard called into Los Angeles to assist with protest response
- VIDEO: Dozens flood Best Buy in Oakland
- The Latest: Chicago mayor orders curfew, police crackdown
- Tear gas and burning cars in US cities as unrest continues