SANTA CLARA (KRON) — With three seconds on the clock, Robbie Gould nailed the game-winning field goal to lead the San Francisco 49ers to victory.
The 34-31 win eliminated the Los Angeles Rams from playoffs.
The game started off with a lot of offense. A total of 45 points were scored in the first half.
The Rams were quick get on the scoreboard within the first couple minutes of the game.
San Francisco was down for the rest of the half until Fred Warner got a pick-6 to give the Niners their first lead of the night with less than a minute remaining in the half.
The second half was much slower, until Los Angeles’ Cooper Kupp was able to score and regain the lead for the Rams, 28-24.
A George Kittle touchdown put the Niners back on top, but a Rams 52-yard field goal tied it up at 31.
Following a strong, clutch drive by Garoppolo and the 49ers, Robbie Gould was able to seal the deal with a 33-yard field goal and walk off with a win.
San Francisco improves to 12-3.
The 49ers head to Seattle next week to take on the Seahawks in a highly anticipated matchup between the division rivals.
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- Homicide investigation underway in Berkeley