DALY CITY (KRON) – A legal and civil rights organization is suing Daly City leaders, accusing them of violating the state’s sanctuary law and handing a man over to ICE.
The group – Asian Americans Advancing Justice – filed a complaint against the city.
The group says Daly City police conducted an immigration investigation on Jose Escobar-Lopez, and facilitated his transfer to ICE.
Escobar-Lopez is currently in ICE custody in Bakersfield and facing deportation to El Salvador.
Latest News Headlines:
- WATCH: Pilots describe ‘surreal’ moment plane crashes into water near Half Moon Bay
- Olson, Canha hit back-to-back HRs to lead A’s past Yanks 6-2
- Rizzo homers twice as Cubs beat Giants 5-3
- Players send birthday wishes to former Oakland Raider Neiron Ball, as he fights for his life
- ‘It’s really exciting’: Santa Rosa residents moving back into neighborhood ravaged by wildfire