DALY CITY (KRON) – A legal and civil rights organization is suing Daly City leaders, accusing them of violating the state’s sanctuary law and handing a man over to ICE.
The group – Asian Americans Advancing Justice – filed a complaint against the city.
The group says Daly City police conducted an immigration investigation on Jose Escobar-Lopez, and facilitated his transfer to ICE.
Escobar-Lopez is currently in ICE custody in Bakersfield and facing deportation to El Salvador.
Latest News Headlines:
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump
- Paradise residents still trying to recover from devastating Camp Fire
- Takeaways from the Democratic debate
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into the Porterville library fire