A 23-year-old man was arrested for the 2018 murder of his girlfriend in Half Moon Bay.
Authorities say on Feb. 22, 2018, at around 5:09 a.m. shots rang out inside a residence in the 200 block of Poplar Street.
Deputies arrived to find a woman, later identified as Kimberly Quiroz, lying inside the home suffering from a single gunshot wound.
Quiroz was transported to a hospital where she remained in critical condition. She succumbed to her injury on Mar. 3.
After a 15-month long investigation, deputies identified Quiroz’s boyfriend, Tristan Cecil of Half Moon Bay, as the shooter.
Cecil was serving the remainder of a three-year sentence for the sale of narcotics at San Quentin State Prison.
On Friday he was transported to San Mateo County Jail where he was booked on an arrest warrant for homicide.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE