SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Today, on President Trump's 72nd birthday, there are several Bay Area events protesting his administration's immigration policies.
The local events are in solidarity with a nationwide protest that highlights the issue of families being separated along the U.S border.
A group called Families Belong Together is organizing the demonstration. Thousands of people across the country will join marches, rallies and vigils to protest what they allege is "the administration's cruel and inhumane treatment of immigrants and asylum seekers."
Here are some local events:
- Watsonville City Plaza at 358 Main St.
- Todos Santos Plaza at 2151 Salvio St. in Concord.
- San Jose City Hall at 200 E. Santa Clara St. in San Jose
- El Cerrito Plaza at 513 El Cerrito Plaza
A list of events around the Bay Area and nationwide can be found at https://familiesbelong.org.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER 'LA BARBIE' GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Activists demand high school bathroom fight be investigated as hate crime
- Take precaution in final holiday shopping days
- Bay Area bridge tolls to increase Jan. 1
- Deported nurse, mom back in Oakland in time Christmas